Sunday, October 5, 2008

Stupid Joggers

First off, a tiny bit of politics, but very entertaining. I case you didn't see the SNL Debate sketch, drop everything and watch it here. But come on back so you can hear me carp about something really inconsequential.

(Humming while you watch, it's long...)

Ok, done? Good. Now it's time to let my inner-bitch-40-something-blogger out. Have myself a grump-fest.

I'm out the other morning on the Bike Path. Lucky me, right? Right. If only it weren't these joggers, out to mess up my game. Their trick, their technique, is to trot down the dotted yellow line in the middle of the Bike Path, earbuds in, oblivious to all. (Did I mention this is a Bike Path?) Ok. I see one ahead, sticking to the line like he's on a little friggin' track. I go to pass one on the right (He's hanging a little to the left) and without looking, he veers in front of me, I miss him by about 5 feet. He doesn't even flinch, and I want nothing more than to bash him in the teeth with my bicycle pump.

About half a mile later, I come across another jogger trotting down the middle of the Bike Path, and this time I decide to go around his left side. Of course, he decides to veer in front of me, but is at least responsive when I scream "don't!" As a thank-you I do him the favor of not running over his bony jogger ass.

I mean, REALLY now. Would people go out on the 405 on a fucking vespa and weave around without looking? Then why do they go running willy-nilly all over the place on a Bike Path? Speeds are lower but there's still lots of room for injury. There are other people on the planet, kids, can't we all just get along?

Consider this entry one size-10-foot-in-the-door of pissed off old white girl blog.

Has anyone seen my clogs?

1 comment:

heidi said...

design a clever sign to wear on your back & front.